VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 02:04 PM)maki2 Wrote:  I had what is known as a FOOSH....
Ouch! Good to hear you are healing up now. A super nice day here and I am basking in the WIFI not doing anything I have on my TTD list.   ~crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-05-2019

So glad to hear it is healing normally, albeit slowly, Maki. Sounds very painful...

My daughter, man and children went to Yreka to drop off the U-Haul today. So glad they are adjusting well to the community and the house. We have a job possibility for her in mind. Man is a stay at home dad, usually, but my daughter likes to work. They were doing Door Dash in Idaho... making good money, but that's not available here in the boonies. She can still do it in Medford area, or Redding or Eureka.

Today... all I have left to do is.. take that shower and get ready for a Bible study adventure. So much fun. What I did already - woke up, got ready, senior lunch, and saw my daughter off to Yreka. Busy, busy. Just kidding. I'm having a very easy life right now.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-06-2019

Hello again.. good morning... just after 7am. I expect a stormy day but there's no rain yet. Should start soon. Today I have no plans so might go to the computer center and charge up my laptop battery. Maybe work on something creative.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-06-2019

Not a lot of physical labor done on my build today stayed up late working on biz stuff. But I did take my workshop partner out for coffee and a donut so I could go over the basic wiring layout that needed some revision to it since I will now have trailer brakes that have to get wired up. It was good to get a review and verify that what I have installed is good and that I just need to add in a little more wiring for the trailer brakes. I have a company that will be wiring the brake controller into my vehicle. I don't mind running wires or doing crimp and making connections, etc as long as I can reach it all without a lot of pain. But bending over into an engine compartment and trying to get that run into the area under the dash is just way too difficult, I can't do that twist like a pretzel stuff. So the choice is physical pain or financial pain, one way or another it gonna hurt. Glad not to be so inexperienced that I have to pack into my head the whole process of learning how to do wiring from scratch for this build as there has been enough new stuff to learn.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-06-2019

Maki, your tech knowledge and skills never fail to impress me. I wish I'd learned to do something so practical. I think I did good just to glue some insulation to the van walls. LOL

I'm in bed looking up at my nice exposed insulation and fairy lights that change colors and feeling pretty good right now. Heavy rainstorm pelting the van roof has temporarily subsided.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 12-06-2019

Maki they have some neat new wireless trailer brake controllers out which makes it easy to change tow vehicles you may want to look at.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-07-2019

Good morning. Still raining. Weather report claims this will continue all week. I'll be going to the annual craft fair event which includes a lunch.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 12-07-2019

Woo Hoo!!! The rains have come!! The ferns are taking over the forest and mushrooms sprouting up everywhere with Douglas Fir trees shooting skyward in the annual flourishing of the rain forest!! (crofter doing a rain dance)   ~crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-07-2019

I love your enthusiasm, Crofter, and feel equally excited about rains and healthy forests and water all around in the air. I love the sound of the rain on the van roof.

The craft fair was great! LOTS of vendors this year. Great soup of four varieties to choose from. Wonderful people. I went to visit my daughter and family afterwards and took goodies I got at the craft fair to them.

I got cute Christmas activity packs for the children. Very nice idea! I told them they are responsible to decorate the house. Their mom (my daughter) says I'm responsible for any repercussions. Then we had to look that word up on Google for my grandson. It means - unintended consequences of a possibly negative nature!

Now I'm at the community computer center ... worked on a web page and will be working on my memoir outline as well.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-07-2019

(12-06-2019, 11:02 PM)bullfrog Wrote:  Maki they have some neat new wireless trailer brake controllers out which makes it easy to change tow vehicles you may want to look at.
I know what you are saying Bullfrog but it is not that easy of a solution for my vehicle. I need the controller that talks to the wireless interface that talks to a phone. However I don't want to add that kind of technology as too many things can go wrong with wireless connections and also too many times such technology becomes outdated and obsolete. My tow vehicle is low mileage, gets very good gas mileage, is AWD and if need be is large enough to live in on the road. It is also paid for. Why would I want to change tow vehicles?