VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-13-2019

Good morning. Plenty of rain here lately. I'm glad it isn't snow and that the trees in this forest are getting plenty of water. After today we will have a week of sunshine.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-13-2019

(12-11-2019, 06:23 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Bought a lot with an old mobile home on it. Great place to park my van.
Congratulations!!!!
When do you get to move to your new land?  Is the mobile home habitable? How lovely to have a home base where you can keep some tools and extra clothing. Now you can have an electric heater plugged in and even an induction cooktop.

RE: Good morning - Gypsy108 - 12-13-2019

Haha..because of Travelarounds post i looked up buying cheap land, and now got some !  But HOA rules say only 14 days can you stay on your land in a RV....so she is fortunate she has this home already there, and no issues to deal with plus water/sewer !!!!

Yes, the HOA rules are taking over many land opportunities... one thing I noticed in my search for land. The mobile home is habitable but needs repair.. 3 ceilings need to be replaced ... both small bedrooms and the master bath. Also needs kitchen renovation. But I will be glad to take everything out of my van for a while to work on the build. I want to continue sleeping in the van, though.. maybe rent out the mobile home if I can get the repairs done. Today I met another vandweller while at senior lunch.. he is a former contractor with experience doing these kinds of things. Also son in law wants to help and my son is in town too. Renting it would give extra income for travel.

Oh, Maki.. you asked when I can move there. I think that's more than a month away. Maybe less?

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-14-2019

(12-13-2019, 11:57 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Oh, Maki.. you asked when I can move there. I think that's more than a month away. Maybe less?
Sometimes the paperwork goes slowly  Sad

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-14-2019

The people who live there are trying to leave at the end of this month and need to be resettled in another state by Jan. 11... so I have no idea if they will give me the key before escrow closes. It is a fairly informal deal between friends. I will just have to wait and see.

I always had the plan to find land to use part time and then in my old age, but this opportunity came up long before I expected to do this. I'll just go with the flow. Either it works or it won't. I now have 2 children living in this town again.. and I know dozens of people here... so might as well have a homebase here.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-14-2019

Fyi.. this will be my first time ever to own real estate. Life is strange. We'll see if the deal goes through.

My son wants my cargo trailer. Not seriously considering giving it to him right now. I still have plans for it. Maybe someday.

Not cold this morning.. I'm loving this. Not missing North Idaho. There's an art show this afternoon. Tomorrow church will be at the deli, with food. I love this creative little town. I get a lot more community involvement here than I did in the larger city I was in, in North Idaho.

We're restarting the writer's club next week. I have six people participating so far. We used to do this when I lived here before... then they quit when I left. Four of the people we found to write with us are new to the club... not to writing, though. It isn't a critique group.. it is a fun gathering to write together on one topic, then share what we write.

RE: Good morning - Gypsy108 - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 11:13 AM)travelaround Wrote:  Fyi.. this will be my first time ever to own real estate. Life is strange. We'll see if the deal goes though.

Same here....the land i bought (10 acres) was dirt cheap (high desert), and i didn't need to qualify (no credit check).
On my second cup of coffee....sitting in S&B....i sleep until noon most every day..so "Good Afternoon"... Rolleyes   I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON !!!!!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-14-2019

It was a good day today. From the local facebook "buy nothing" group I managed to get an Insta-Pot for free. The owner let the cord on it get next to the electric burner on the stove. I will get that repair done tomorrow then have some fun seeing what I think of the Insta-pots. It is too heavy to take on the road in my small rig, so this is just for the fun of experimenting with one. I will take advantage and put a bunch zip lock bags of homemade soup and such in the freezer. I like to have a good dinner but I don't like to stop and cook everyday so it is nice to have MREs to choose from.

The person who gave it away had a beautiful sprinter in the driveway! I did not meet the people, most of the "buy nothing" giveaways are done by leaving the item on the porch.