VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-16-2019

(12-16-2019, 06:37 PM)Gypsy108 Wrote:  Scarey...yes you are lucky it wasn't worse !   Was it at a Walmart parking lot ? The bike he rode was probably stolen too...
Not at Wallmart

Of coarse I have no proof it was the bike rider, while he did not belong here I don't know for sure if it was him. There are lots of vagrants in the area because the railroad track is near and there are almost always tent encampments all along that wooded area.  

There is also a major bike trail that runs along that section of tracks so seeing people on bikes is very normal for this street but they don't usually ride around to the back of the building and look for cigarettes or ask questions about what businesses are in the building.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-16-2019

(12-16-2019, 09:34 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Wow.. such terrible things happening, but you have good attitudes in handling this.
Car prowls are a fact of life, they happen everywhere in all kinds of places. I had one happen to me quite a few years ago.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-17-2019

Tonight I did a complete clean-out in the trailer except for some drawer runner brackets paper towels and an old vacuum cleaner. Fortunately my impact driver I thought the thief had taken was on the floor hidden between some bin boxes where they could not see it. But I realized during the cleanup that they did get a Dremel motor. I don't care about loosing that Dremel so I am not upset about that loss. But I will miss my drill motor. But Santa might bring me one or I might find my old one out along the railroad tracks or by the bike trail if they toss it when the batteries run down.

My conclusion is the thief was on foot or on a bike judging by how few items they took with them. Likely someone from one of the tarped tent shelters along the tracks. A new one showed up a few blocks from here the other week. Not that I would go there to look for it as there are some pretty fowl things in those camps as well as needles and such.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-17-2019

[quote='maki2' pid='479820' dateline='1576570972']
... duplicated by error

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-17-2019

That's so messed up.. I know there are a few people like that even here in this small mountain town. Lately I've been keeping a nightlight on at night to show someone is in here.. especially if I'm parked alongside a roadway. Sort of the opposite of stealth.

We're having a few nice days before the next storm hits. It is cold though. Today is our book club at 11, senior lunch at 12, then writer's club. The book club is reading The Overstory, which won the Pulitzer prize for fiction this year. It is eco-fiction about trees.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-19-2019

Seven inches of rain predicted over the next 4 days. That is actually unusual weather for Seattle. Probably for the best, I have a lot do get done inside in the way of organizing, cleaning, downsizing and also some woodworking and sewing. Nice weather tempts me to go out and about instead of hunkering down and getting stuff done. So easy to let work be the last priority on a nice day. But I did go out for coffee with my friend this morning, great coffee, great friend, a nice little outing and fortunately a parking spot right near the door so we did not get totally soaked. Oh and amid the chaos indoors here I found some things I had misplaced, that made it a very good morning too.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 12-20-2019

Good test to see if anything leaks! LOL!!!

RE: Good morning - crofter - 12-20-2019

Good Morning! 53 degrees in western OR  is great news - we were expecting an ice storm. Still very windy and some trees may come down and block the roads which I plan on driving on today. Some flooding reported. Wish I could hunker down instead.   ~crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 09:03 AM)bullfrog Wrote:  Good test to see if anything leaks!  LOL!!!
No leaks in my travel trailer. I made sure of that when doing the renovation work. I rebuilt the windows and door with new gaskets, took them all out and put them back in with butyl rubber tape. All the inlets and outlets I put in are also well mounted into butyl rubber tape gasketing or other types of brand new gaskets. Every single screw that has threads going into or through the structure has buty tape on its threads to prevent water from running into the structure along via the screws. I have not needed to do any caulking because of the way I install all the fittings but if I did that would also be done nicely. I was trained by Boeing to do caulking jobs to extremely high standards. We had to go to yearly re certification classes in order to apply caulking to anything on the airplanes.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-20-2019

my travel trailer even in its current unfinished state is dry with no leaks and because it is insulated and small it is easy to heat.
Versus the workshop space which has several leaks in the roof. It is an old building with a flat roof and water has its way now and again when it is torrential and it can't run off fast enough but instead fills up higher than the top edge of some of the flashings.