VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 12-20-2019

Keep your tools dry and lubricated! I would assume you are used to the high humidity by now! I used to think I wouldn't be able to survive without my old pot bellied coal stove till I lived in the desert. I get cold but it doesn't seem to hurt these old bones as much as it did in eastern Kentucky.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-21-2019

Hello.. nice day here and I'm getting chores done... right now it is laundry. Land/trailer deal is in escrow. I've been working through my to do list. Have an intention to clean out the van better this afternoon... sweep and all that. Getting some reading in.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-22-2019

(12-20-2019, 10:13 PM)bullfrog Wrote:  Keep your tools dry and lubricated!  I would assume you are used to the high humidity by now!  I used to think I wouldn't be able to survive without my old pot bellied coal stove till I lived in the desert.  I get cold but it doesn't seem to hurt these old bones as much as it did in eastern Kentucky.
You mean tools get rusty if you don't keep them dry and lubricated? Thanks for letting me know that, after all I would not want that to happen to the hundreds of hand and power tools I own. I started buying my own hand and power tools when I was 20....only 50 years ago.

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 12-22-2019

Hi dwellers have a great day foggy in my part of Missouri

RE: Good morning - Patrick - 12-22-2019

Good morning,

Stumbled onto this form this morning thinking about getting a van ready for travel.

Thinking about buying a Chevy Express Van for a daily drive and weekend adventurer.

This is my first post so I'm checking out the features of the forum.

Nice spot to say good morning.

Hooray, today the world turns and in the northern hemisphere we will once again be on the cycle of having an increase in the length of daylight hours. Only a very tiny amount but I will celebrate it by raising a toast, well actually a piece of toast along with a cup of coffee. Choose the beverage of your choice to join in the celebration of the return of the light. You know what they say, the secret to being happy is to appreciate the small things even when it only amounts to a few seconds of time Smile

RE: Good morning - shadowmoss - 12-22-2019

Good morning Dean. Been wondering how you are doing.

Sitting at the airport waiting to fly to Las Vegas to celebrate my 65th birthday tomorrow.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 12-22-2019

Good morning all. Dean, it is great to hear from you! I was starting to think you fell off the face of the earth. I hope you are doing well.

Happy pre-birthday shadowmoss! Have a great time but don't lose all your money!

Hi Patrick and welcome. You might want to head over to the newcomers corner to introduce yourself.

Maki2, I actually prefer this time of year because it is cooler. The summers here are brutal!

Nothing new in my world other than the wifes slow decline.

Have a great day everyone!

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 12-22-2019

Good morning, Dean and Buster. Good to hear from you guys. We sent you a lot of greetings back around Thanksgivings, but you never responded, so we're happy to hear from you again, :-).

Patrick,, there is a section on the forum on Vans that have a lot of threads you can look at, and post questions to.

Went to walk out to the beach for a morning view of the water, no rain but a very high tide was in progress. The walkway is public but between a condo building and their parking garage. As I have been here for years I know some of the people by a brief hello now and again. Today I walked past one of them un loading his car and he had boxes of jars of canned goods. So I just said it looked like they had been very busy this year with that project. I was then gifted a jar of homemade pickles put up with dill and garlic. That will be fun to open up during the holidays, maybe for New Year's day. I just need to get something to have with them. Maybe some of the typical sausage logs, cheese and crackers that the stores put on sale at this time of year. I have a good chunk of aged cheddar cheese and some smoked gouda but not the sausage and crackers. Some adult beverage might be needed to go with it Smile