VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 01-20-2020

Good morning! Highs this week in the mid 70's and lows in the 50's for comfortable sleeping, southern AZ. No heater? No problem. Getting my walking miles in, and  a little lite work on the van garage stowing tools that have escaped containment.    -crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 01-20-2020

As I have been back into sorting out things for sale and things to donate I woke up this morning thinking of just what is it I want to hang onto. For myself it is not just about the pots and pans, clothing. I do make things for sale, design new things and have a few bucket list of small things I would like to make. It takes tools for that work. So then I have to make decisions about my bucket list for activities that are sensible given limited space and limits on how much weight my vehicle can handle.

My tools are very good friends, I don't enjoy parting with them.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 01-21-2020

Good evening from southern AZ! It just started raining here can you believe it.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - MaTaLa - 01-21-2020

Good Morning, from Scaddan Wash, Quartzsite!
Been camped next to a bunch of folks that just ain't right since Friday...I  fit right in. Big Grin
Decent weather, a few sprinkles this morning. Ridden my ebike some but wanted to get my tires slimed for puncture resistance first.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 01-21-2020

(01-21-2020, 08:17 AM)MaTaLa Wrote:  Good Morning, from Scaddan Wash, Quartzsite!
Been camped next to a bunch of folks that just ain't right since Friday...I  fit right in. Big Grin
Decent weather, a few sprinkles this morning. Ridden my ebike some but wanted to get my tires slimed for puncture resistance first.
looks like fun. I think if I wanted to ride a bike offroad fairly often then a set of foam filled bike tires would be a worthwhile investment. Better than pushing a heavy bike back to the campsite when the flat happened miles away. They will slow down your speed a bit so not a perfect solution but on those areas with narly roads, sharp rocks and big thorns and pothole that can break a bead at the rim they make sense.

sooooo gloooomy today, I want to be outside sitting in the sun down by the RTR with everyone else. Feeling sorry for myself today. Guess I just need to get busy doing stuff I need to be doing instead of thinking about the weather.

RE: Good morning - MaTaLa - 01-22-2020

@maki2
I've looked into the foam tire applications but don't think I have from my size yet, 20"×4"
Would love to have something like that.

I've read that the Radmini, at least, has a 'walk along setting to assist the rider if they're having to push it. Hope I never need to use it. Big Grin

It was overcast all day yesterday but we had a beautiful sunset and the stars did come out about 8 or 9

RE: Good morning - B and C - 01-22-2020

I did a little googling and it seems that slime (or the other one, stans?) is the only alternative at this point in time. That 20x4 tire size is not standard.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 01-22-2020

The Rad ebike company used to be walking distance from where I am doing my build. But last year they moved further further east about 2 miles. So still a neighborhood business but I have not dropped into their new location. E-bikes are too heavy for me to haul around otherwise I would be very tempted to get one.

My workshop partner rode an e-bike to our first meeting about 17 years ago. But I don't think it is functional now.
Mostly he rides around on a Strida folding bike for neighborhood errands or a Cat Trike for long bike trail rides. It keeps him fit and healthy at 77 years old.