VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - MaTaLa - 02-18-2020

Glad you're getting some relief, Brian!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 02-18-2020

So good to hear you're getting these opportunities to help you with the job of caring for your wife, and the healing for your knee. I don't understand why she isn't in assisted living already. Is it because of the cost? I'm hoping my children will never have to provide care for me - I would much rather be in a facility if it gets to that point.

RE: Good morning - LaMonster - 02-18-2020

Hi Brian,

That's a lot to deal with, I hope the better news continues to flow in.

I am sorry your wife needs hospice but I hope you can both get the care and help you need.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 02-18-2020

That is great news about a long lasting medication for your knee. Hope you get it ASAP, that will fix the issue of not enough exercise Smile Having help around the house several days a week, what a huge bonus in your life forever how long it last every day of help will be a lifting of some of your burdens.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 02-18-2020

Assisted living around here is $7-10K Mo depending on what you can put up with. Not in the budget, not even close. Thanks for the well wishes.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 02-19-2020

when I went out for a drive to the post office today, a bright sunny day. I took the route up the hill through the residential neighborhood. The sun was out and so were the first of the early spring blossoms. There were a few bright pink blooms on a camilla, some patches of purple crocus, some pots of early daffodils, the early blooming cherry trees had some blossoms open.

It made me feel like I had survived on of the wettest and a very gloomy winters in Seattle. Not a super cold or snowy one but the temperature did get to freezing the last two nights. Not perfect weather, not especially warm but this is the sunniest week of 2020. Unfortunately at this time of year sunny days means colder nights as there is no cloud blanket to hold in the heat.

Good morning - Cammalu - 02-19-2020

How much work left on your cute camper Maki? Almost ready to take off?

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 02-19-2020

I have a daffodil blooming in my yard and more bulbs awakening. Beautiful time of year! Also, this morning, rediscovered my favorite tea cup and a water glass in a food box I brought with me from Idaho.

Honestly, I am not 100% adjusting well to this mobile home. I'm trying.. but it isn't perfect.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 01:08 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  How much work left on your cute camper Maki?  Almost ready to take off?
it is pretty cold yet. That makes it difficult to do task where warmth is required for instance today I need to do some caulking inside so I have to heat up the interior of the trailer as well as the caulk. The same thing is true if I need to use adhesive, paint, varnish and such. . I will start pushing harder on it in April when temperatures are starting to warm up into the upper 50s and lower 60s during the day. Sitting inside the workshop at the moment and my hands feel icy cold and I have my down jacket on and am sitting right next to a small electric heater. A hot cup of coffee is calling my name, hand warmer plus a dose of caffeine might help get me motivated.

Good morning - Cammalu - 02-19-2020

Maybe this will be the last winter you have to suffer through. I’m in Yuma right now and the little thermometer in the window tells me that it’s 78 outside. Cooler inside. Might have to turn on the AC soon