VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 02:15 AM)travelaround Wrote:  Good morning - I can say that because it is 1:10AM - and now I need to go out to the van in a rainstorm to sleep. Everything is set up - and so much easier to deal with now that the van is pretty much empty of most things ... unless I will need them for sleeping in there.

I have been planning to return to North Idaho next month for my storage things - and wonder if the corona virus epidemic will keep me from going. Right now, I feel safe because, living out here in the forest we have less contact with people... of course, some people go out to civilization every week and could catch something then bring it back to our little town, so there's no guarantee of safety from illness, but it does seem like less than being in other areas.
I would imagine if you minimize your time in cities you will have about the same amount of exposure when boondocking along the way as you will have at home base. Wear disposable gloves when you pump gas, it is simple enough to do. Avoid public restrooms. Do your grocery shopping at hours when few people and few employees are likely to be in a store. Make your own meals, you likely would anyway to save funds for gas money. You can always boil drinking and bathing water if you are in doubt about it. Take enough clothes along so you don't have to go to the laundromat.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 02:41 AM)maki2 Wrote:  I would imagine if you minimize your time in cities you will have about the same amount of exposure when boondocking along the way as you will have at home base. Wear disposable gloves when you pump gas, it is simple enough to do. Avoid public restrooms. Do your grocery shopping at hours when few people and few employees are likely to be in a store. Make your own meals, you likely would anyway to save funds for gas money. You can always boil drinking and bathing water if you are in doubt about it. Take enough clothes along so you don't have to go to the laundromat.

Good tips, thanks... I should get some of those disposable gloves. As if I weren't OCD enough already - now everyone is washing their hands and the hand sanitizer is sold out. LOL... good thing people aren't being told to buy the huggies wipes things too... I found a recipe for homemade hand sanitizer - one part aloe vera gel to two parts isopropyl alcohol 90% or higher. I got the last isopropyl alcohol 91% on the shelf at our little store, and the aloe vera gel is sold out.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 03-09-2020

Hello Hello - this is the second day of 70 degree sunshine in South Central PA. and I get the van from the dealer tomorrow - WHOOPEE!!! (not Goldberg)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-09-2020

(03-09-2020, 01:11 PM)nature lover Wrote:  Hello Hello - this is the second day of 70 degree sunshine in South Central PA.  and I get the van from the dealer tomorrow - WHOOPEE!!! (not Goldberg)
congratulations on your new van. Have fun making it into your home.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 03-09-2020

A new van!! Congratulations, Nature Lover! May it transport you to many exotic and peaceful locations!

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 03-10-2020

Thanks, forum folks, for the encouragement. Its not a new van its just new to me. I used to have a GMC safari with low roof. This is a full size dodge with a high top. I don't get it till 2 pm but got out of bed at 4 am because I was too excited to sleep. Like a kid on Christmas morning. I want to start building today and traveling tomorrow, but realistically, I am looking to be on the road full time sometime in April. Having a van like this one has been a dream for years. There are other rigs much nicer but this one is mine. Gotta love the one your with.(vans that is - as far as ladies there is only one for me but she doesn't reciprocate any more) That does bum me out but the reality is I would not be a full time Nomad if she had not left. Silver Lining to every cloud?

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-10-2020

(03-10-2020, 03:53 AM)nature lover Wrote:  Thanks, forum folks, for the encouragement.  Its not a new van its just new to me.  I used to have a GMC safari with low roof.  This is a full size dodge with a high top.  I don't get it till 2 pm but got out of bed at 4 am because I was too excited to sleep.  Like a kid on Christmas morning.  I want to start building today and traveling tomorrow, but realistically, I am looking to be on the road full time sometime in April.  Having a van like this one has been a dream for years.  There are other rigs much nicer but this one is mine.  Gotta love the one your with.(vans that is - as far as ladies there is only one for me but she doesn't reciprocate any more)  That does bum me out but the reality is I would not be a full time Nomad if she had not left.  Silver Lining to every cloud?
...Listen to Forest Gump....Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get

RE: Good morning - crofter - 03-10-2020

(03-09-2020, 02:15 AM)travelaround Wrote:  ...and now I need to go out to the van in a rainstorm to sleep..... 
It rained here all night also, very unusual for southern AZ in winter. More rain today, 70's. Doing fixer upper projects and cleaning the van  -crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-10-2020

cold, cloudy and I can't seem to keep my eyes open despite a large cup of coffee.
But then I realized why that cup coffee was not waking me up, it was a container of decaff coffee beans.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 03-10-2020

There hasn't been any decaf in or around my household in years. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) my wife tried giving me decaf one morning. The first cup didn't taste quite right but I chalked that up to her not usually making the coffee. By the second cup I knew and called her on it. That got thrown out and none has crossed the threshold since.

Nothing like a good, hot cup O joe first thing in the morning Smile