VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 03-19-2020

65 degrees and sunny in Southern AZ, more unseasonal buckets of rain yesterday so everything is still drying out. Winter visitors from Canada are heading north early due to border issues so it's pretty peaceful around here. 

Checked out stores for bottled water and there is NONE. If we don't get bottled water before summer heat is here in May we will all die, (or travel north). Currently surviving withdrawls from bottled water with an RO filter, but it's just not the same.   ~crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-19-2020

Seattle, year around, has very good tasting, ice cold, water right out of the tap. It comes from high up in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain range.

RE: Good morning - barleyguy - 03-20-2020

(03-19-2020, 04:35 PM)crofter Wrote:  65 degrees and sunny in Southern AZ, more unseasonal buckets of rain yesterday so everything is still drying out. Winter visitors from Canada are heading north early due to border issues so it's pretty peaceful around here. 

Checked out stores for bottled water and there is NONE. If we don't get bottled water before summer heat is here in May we will all die, (or travel north). Currently surviving withdrawls from bottled water with an RO filter, but it's just not the same.   ~crofter

I use a Sawyer filter (when I'm not at home base) and I actually like it just as well as bottled water, especially refrigerated. It filters out so much that there's not much left to cause a regional taste difference.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-20-2020

Another quite day in self isolation. But I am about to venture out to a store for a few things I ran out of. It will be interesting to see if they still have any of the staples left.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 03-20-2020

Good day to all - can't say good morning because I was up to the wee hours and slept till noon. This self confinement thing has really messed with my "life patterns"

maki2 - I don't have any extra staples but I can spare a roll of tape insteadSmile

I heard that the new way to test your IQ is to start with 150 and subtract the number of rolls of TP you have horded.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-20-2020

Thanks for the offer Nature Lover, no doubt some people might want me to use that tape on my potty mouth but as staples would be more painful they might prefer to keep on using them.

No problem finding TP at the store I was shopping at. I bought a 32 double roll package. That is the smallest size package they sell at that store.

Who came up with that figure of 150? They are giving the hoarders way too much credit for having an IQ anywhere close to being as high as 150.

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 03-20-2020

I'd say the proper IQ value to start yer calculations with should have been 85, rather than 150.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 03-20-2020

I posted this in another thread but repeat it here so no one misses the smile.

On the PA Health Departments web site I read that as long as I wore a mask and gloves I could go to the store with no problems. They lied, everyone else at the store was wearing clothes.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 03-21-2020

(03-19-2020, 07:25 PM)maki2 Wrote:  Seattle, year around, has very good tasting, ice cold, water right out of the tap. It comes from high up in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain range.
You ve got it made maki, TP and water.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - VanFan - 03-21-2020

(03-20-2020, 05:05 PM)nature lover Wrote:  On the PA Health Departments web site I read that as long as I wore a mask and gloves I could go to the store with no problems. They lied, everyone else at the store was wearing clothes.
Too funny!  Did that help with your social distancing?