VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 03-26-2020

Watch out for rattlesnakes, crofter, they will be coming out of hibernation. About 4 weeks ago I already heard from 2 different people that a woman camping by the river in Ehrenberg was bitten and hospitalized. Tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-26-2020

there is lots of virtual drip..drip.. drip...drivel going on everywhere with the stay-at-home order. A whole lot of slobbery virtual kissing and hugging too and it seems to be highly contagious.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 03-26-2020

Too funny.   Smile

Good morning - Cammalu - 03-26-2020

We are back in Kentucky after a two week drive from Quartzsite. Lots of chores are waiting and the friends in the pond met John as soon as he went back there.

[Image: 7da0961b8b610d456027a35bf803f98e.jpg]

(03-26-2020, 01:47 PM)Qxxx Wrote:  Watch out for rattlesnakes, crofter, they will be coming out of hibernation. About 4 weeks ago I already heard from 2 different people that a woman camping by the river in Ehrenberg was bitten and hospitalized. Tens of thousands of dollars in medical expenses.
In snake country it is leather boot season as soon as the temperature rises enough for them to come out of hibernation. Sandals and cloth sneakers are not appropriate foot wear for the wild.

Empty streets in the normally very busy retail area of my Seattle neighborhood. Last week there were plenty of take-out places open but yesterday at midnight all non essential businesses had to close which meant no employees in the local area around to buy food from the take-out places so most of those are also now shut.

I am doing Stay-At-Home for non essentials but had to take things I sell online to the post office for shipping. So while out I did stop in at a small local grocery store. But I checked the parking lot to make sure it was not going to be overcrowded. Turns out that between 3:00 and 5:00 in the afternoon is now the best time to go shopping. People often put their kids down as well as themselves for a 3:00 pm nap and at 5:00 they are busy making dinner. But the mornings are super busy at the stores including the senior citizen hour. You just have to figure out how people are most likely to act and fortunately it is pretty easy to figure out because they are creatures of habit dating all the way back to their childhoods. Early birds get the worm but run out of energy around 3:00 and take a siesta, especially when working from home. Businesses that run 9 to 5 also typically do a 2:30 or 3:00 pm coffee break. Happy dreams little habitual creatures Smile

The post office was also empty, not one single person in line, just the one person who works at the counter all masked and gloved up. With retail business stores closed it was a ghost town in there. I did not need stamps, just dropping my package into the slot so that it gets registered as being shipped for tracking the same day the order came in. I want good reviews for prompt shipping, helps keep my 5* rating going.

the 7 day forecast is a 4 letter word....RAIN

Well that will surely slow down the people who want to ignore the instructions for Stay-at-Home.
No where to go, nothing to do...for them.

As for me I have plenty to do and no kids around to drive me up the walls.
Now If only I felt like doing more of the things I want to get done then I would be rolling in 4 leaf clovers.. Smile

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 03-27-2020

Love the rainy days . . .
Love the rainy days . . .
Someone has to do it . . .
Trees are getting watered . . .

I live in a forest now so all those trees - I know they burn slower if they're watered well during the winter months, so rain is welcome. Very welcome.

I have some trees on the property I bought. I haven't counted how many, but maybe today I should. I need to go to the post office to see if my medications came in.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-28-2020

Uh OH terrible crisis, I ran out of black pepper Smile
The products I ordered from Amazon to make our own sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer solution have arrived at our private mailbox service. Of course we are not the only people who go there. The place is swamped with packages and the employees are struggling with logging them all in.

The thieves who grab packages off of porches would be in heaven with the increased volume of deliveries except that now many people are at home to take them inside as soon as they arrive.

The new map of covid 19 statistics that shows the data for each zip code showed that as of the 25th March there were 107 confirmed cases for my zip and the 2 adjacent ones where I live and do my local essential shopping. Of course confirmed cases only shows the people who got tested and they only got tested because they had symptoms. So the actual count of infections will be much higher than 107 and increasing everyday as everyone goes out for those "essential" errands. People in the grocery stores are not all practicing social distancing.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 03-28-2020

Uh OH terrible crisis, I ran out of black pepper Smile
The products I ordered from Amazon to make our own sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer solution have arrived at our private mailbox service. Of course we are not the only people who go there. The place is swamped with packages and the employees are struggling with logging them all in.

The thieves who grab packages off of porches would be in heaven with the increased volume of deliveries except that now many people are at home to take them inside as soon as they arrive.

The new map of covid 19 statistics that shows the data for each zip code showed that as of the 25th March there were 107 confirmed cases for my zip and the 2 adjacent ones where I live and do my local essential shopping. These are very small by geographic area zip codes compared to the size of many Zip areas. People from other Zips do come to the same stores I use. Of course confirmed cases only shows the people who got tested and they only got tested because they had symptoms. So the actual count of infections will be much higher than 107 and increasing everyday as everyone goes out for those "essential" errands. People in the grocery stores are not all practicing social distancing.