VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 04-04-2020

Happy Bday to you!!

I have a double head axe that says CCC. Old thing. My go to is actually a shake hatchet, clunky but durable.

Heading for another 80 degree day in Southern AZ, I'm out for a solo walk wearing extensive headgear: sunblock on nose, shades, hat, pink bandanna dust mask over the nose & mouth. I feel overdressed.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 04-04-2020

I like the ax. I have a fireside friend that is a hatchet sized splitting maul by estwing, a tool that I would not like to be without. I imagine you all heard the story of my great grandfathers ax. It was passed down thru the family to me. We replaced the handle twice and the head once but it's still my great grandfathers ax.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 04-05-2020

Nature Lover - that's hilarious.

Nice day, after the rain.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 04-06-2020

It might hit 60 degrees today, that will be the first time this year. It is sunny too. Good day to quit hibernating from the cold

The weather report will be teasing that it might hit 60 or might not all of this next 5 days.

I need to get some orders ready to ship but they can wait to get packed up until after dark.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 04-14-2020

In the 80's all week, I'm so glad the rain is gone. 

People around here are broadcasting speeches from their vehicles. Kinda creeps me out. This morning I woke up to one that pulled up near the van. I had a total panic attack. 

It's three hours later and I'm calming down. I think I will stick to some routine stuff today, nuff excitement already.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 04-14-2020

It is cloudy and 60ish here in central PA. Hard rain night before last took most of my magnolia blossoms offSad but the tulips are bloomingSmile I got tired of my own cooking last night and had seen an ad the burger king was not charging for delivery so I took the bait. I got mozzarella sticks, onion rings and chicken nuggets. With my eyes closed I could not tell one tase from the other - yuk - I was raised in a culture that never wasted food. So I didn't waste it - I "shared" it with the dumpster. I learned a lesson - never again, I don't care if he is a King.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 04-14-2020

desperate times call for desperate measures Huh 

It is time to use some new recipes that don't taste like your "own" cooking. See it as an opportunity to expand your abilities. You don't even need a cookbook, the internet and youtube are full of new things to make as well as classic dishes that won't taste like the version you have been making.

I am going to treating myself to shaking up my cooking since I have to comply with stay-at-home. But as I don't want to go into grocery stores and there are limited supplies for some options it does require a bit of research planning for what I have on hand or what I might want to find the next time I head out to go shopping. Fortunately I do have a produce market in the neighborhood that is not overcrowded with people. There are stores around where I can buy spices by the ounce from a bulk sized container to avoid getting large expensive jars of spices in order to have a small amount. My focus will be on things I can cook while on the road which means more stove top cooking and not much in the way of baking.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 04-14-2020

I plan to substitute avocado for the breakfast meat tomorrow. This ploy usually works for a total of one (1) meal. Then I will have to go shopping.    -crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 04-15-2020

No rain predicted until Monday. High temps on various days ranging from low to upper 60's. Sounds good to me. Now if I can just wakeup without a lot of pain and then actually focus on my build I could make some daily progress of at least a few hours time each day. Finishing up the work underneath the trailer would be a good goal.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 04-15-2020

Avocado is a great substitute for cheese in a burrito in case you ever want to go vegan.

I went shopping today... we are now required to wear masks and gloves, which are available at the first checkout counter when you enter the store. It is a small remote mountain town of about 1000 people... in a very large county (one of the largest in CA) but the population is only around 50K. In this county there are 5 known C19 cases and 3 already recovered. Yet . . . the paranoia is still in full swing here. We have no verification of any kind that there's ever been C19 in our town, which is about 70 miles from the main towns in the county. Anyhow, I felt fairly safe as I did my shopping today, which is a lot better than being afraid to leave my home.

My daughter called the health department to ask which town the C19 is in and they wouldn't tell her, saying it is "against the law" to say. I think I'd like to know what specific law that is. I've seen counties in other areas listing the towns, or main hotspots . . . but our county won't tell us if our remote mountain town is affected. I'm going to call the county supervisor and get some clarification on this, or help. People here want to know. We're not the only ones.

Oh, and good morning on a lovely day with apple blossoms on the tree right outside my window.