VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 04-15-2020

The law is called "patient confidentiality" which does not allow any specific information which could lead to the identity of an individual. In this day of social media it can be quite easy to track down who an individual might be with even a few small clues such as the town. Because people panic and over react there is a danger to that person's well being and the well being of their friends and associates by acts of discrimination from others, even by people who never met those individuals. Acts ranging from shunning to hate mail to having their homes, businesses, places of employment and vehicles vandalized with hateful graffiti sprayed on them.

We had a lot of examples of how much harm to individuals such discrimination could do during the early days of HIV infections. Think about those poor kids who got it from blood transfusions and then tried to attend school. The social stigma was horrendous for them. That era was the true lock down of information with new and enforceable patient confidentiality laws.

Not everyone is always kind to victims and their families. What is someone whose parent died found out who the person in a group of people was the that infected their parent? They might be just crazy enough in the head to try an act of retribution.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 04-15-2020

HIPPA Laws are a joke - speaking of which:

Knock Knock
Who's There?
HIPPA
HIPPA Who?
I am sorry I can not reveal that information.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 04-23-2020

A hundred degrees and sunny in southern AZ. I'm told that if I put a wet towel on my head it will feel like an air conditioned hike.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 04-23-2020

You PNW people are so unused to life in the outside world. Fun in the sun 320 days a year, instead of overcast drizzle 363 days a year.

So in the world outside the convent, on yer head, you wear a wide-brimmed hat. Absolute necessity. Without a hat, you will pass out, fall down, hit yer head on a rock, and a rattlesnake will come over and use your body for shade. After that, you might put the wet towel on the back of yer neck, and let the water run down inside yer shirt. Once, when I was in Moab in 105 temperature (in May), there was a tiny seep along the trail above Spanish Bottom, so I soaked my shirt in the seep to get it wet, and wore it in air-conditioned evaporative comfort.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 04-23-2020

Yes, get your clothes wet - all of them. Keep a spray bottle of water... it helps. Best is to stay in the shade, if you can find any there.

It gets hot here in the Klamath River Valley and I just jump in a creek. Get all wet. Then I feel fine.

When are you traveling north again?

Oh, so the wet towel goes on the neck. I do have a hat I could wear. But I confess to wearing sandals and not snake boots as recomended by someone here. 

Ah, that's better.  -crofter

Hot as they may be, another reason to wear boots in the desert, besides deflecting rattlesnake and scorpion attacks, is so you don't get a cholla needle in yer big toe.

Since when did you get a rubber duckey? ( must have missed a few posts)    -crofter

What? no one said anything about rubber ducks, but for that matter, you may like this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgG7uQGtaBo

(04-23-2020, 06:00 PM)Qxxx Wrote:  What? no one said anything about rubber ducks....
That yellow animal in your avatar. When did that come aboard?   -crofter