VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-07-2020

@Crofter - There are plant identification groups on Facebook with lots of people who are able to immediately identify a lot of plants. I tried it out lately and found out I have photinia bushes in my yard! I also have lots of other plants I don't know the names for... but one at a time.

Over here - more lawn mowing... spent time in my carport today clearing things out so I can convert it into a garden shed. My high top van won't fit inside. Too tall. I bought an Aluminet shade cloth for the van but haven't used it yet. It isn't that hot here - more like, around 80 today.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-07-2020

(05-07-2020, 05:16 PM)travelaround Wrote:  ....Aluminet shade cloth for the van but haven't used it yet....

Had to look it up. Here is Bob's vid on Alumanet shade cloth.

https://youtu.be/8BUFFH7un7g

And here is the link to the magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetics-Domino-Size-Magnet/dp/B007P86GQ2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=50+pack+ceramic+magnets&qid=1564773020&s=gateway&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=cheaprvliving-20&linkId=dbc8a03fdc2a966c56bcb7e2cfcc17b2&language=en_US

Description: youtube video in first link. Product information in second link.

-crofter

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-07-2020

And a link to the usb fan Bob is recomending in his second video on cooling.   -crofter

Description: link to product information.
https://www.amazon.com/OPOLAR-Powered-Battery-Enhanced-Personal/dp/B06WGLGJ94/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1537684423&sr=8-14&keywords=usb+fan&linkCode=sl1&tag=cheaprvliving-20&linkId=974d19501468fd19fb9deac154ce9992&language=en_US

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-07-2020

Yes... got all those things. Two oPolar USB fans.... lots of magnets.. price went up on the Aluminet shade cloth as I paid about 100 dollars for 10 x 14... also have a black shade cloth I might use on the back door, or if I don't need it there I could use it across the yard on my cargo trailer. Also two insect nets for the side doors, and the shades both inside and out for the front window. I will need to keep sleeping in my van this summer... I'm feeling prepared!

Today I mowed the yard again and moved the hammock into the shade next to the mobile home. It was left here by the previous owners... my son put it together a few weeks ago in a too-sunny location in front of my neighbor's big living room window. I wasn't going to use it there. Now it is in the shade. I also got a nice glider bench to put out there in the shade. My mobile home has a window air condition - way too small to cool the whole place down - but I'm doing okay inside with two fans on in the afternoon, so far. It does get over 100 here though, during the summer. As we're in a valley... there's not much of a breeze on days like that.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 05-08-2020

Warm weather has arrived Smile
The slotted wire channels I ordered from Amazon have arrived so that will let me get back to work on electrical.

Lots and lots to do this next 2 months while the weather is optimal for finishing my build so I had better get to it.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-08-2020

Time to work on my garden. It is not likely to snow more now. I've never seen it snow later than April 28 in this area.

RE: Good morning - desert_sailing - 05-08-2020

(05-07-2020, 11:03 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Yes... got all those things. Two oPolar USB fans.... lots of magnets.. price went up on the Aluminet shade cloth as I paid about 100 dollars for 10 x 14... also have a black shade cloth I might use on the back door, or if I don't need it there I could use it across the yard on my cargo trailer. Also two insect nets for the side doors, and the shades both inside and out for the front window. I will need to keep sleeping in my van this summer... I'm feeling prepared!

Today I mowed the yard again and moved the hammock into the shade next to the mobile home. It was left here by the previous owners... my son put it together a few weeks ago in a too-sunny location in front of my neighbor's big living room window. I wasn't going to use it there. Now it is in the shade. I also got a nice glider bench to put out there in the shade. My mobile home has a window air condition - way too small to cool the whole place down - but I'm doing okay inside with two fans on in the afternoon, so far. It does get over 100 here though, during the summer. As we're in a valley... there's not much of a breeze on days like that.
Hammocks and margaritas... what could go wrong??... I wouldn't want to be in front of the neighbors windows either..Smile

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-08-2020

I tested out the hammock idea today. Very relaxing... afternoon shade, reading a book, very nice. Hard to get out of. Otherwise, just great. Haven't been on a hammock in years. Nice view of the plants surrounding the area - huge old apple tree, photinia bushes about 12 feet tall. My margarita was only flavored water.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-09-2020

The heat is here, 107 in the shade in southern AZ.  

A marathon at the bank drive up: The tellers came out to direct traffic in the drive up lanes it was hilarious. You get great mariachi music on the radio here, so we had a mini happening during the half hour wait. Did NOT get the stimulus money from my Uncle Sam, so my deposit was just enough to cover flowers and a card for MOM.

Guys, do not forget MOM this weekend. Flowers is the best thing, but sending a note or calling means a lot too. Happy Mothers Day, you know who you are.

I was also the designated shopper today. Not as stressful as it was last month, but still staples like rice are not available. And no Lysol either. But there was a nice selection of TP and paper towels just in time for Mothers Day. Happy weekend!
-crofter

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 05-09-2020

High today in PA is to be 55. Frost warnings last night.