VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 05-09-2020

Supposed to be 80 today but breezy.
Have to go on an "essential" errand today, buying some electrical wire for wiring up the trailer brakes. A quick investigative browse on the web and the etrailer website says I should get 12 gauge. So I will head over to the marine supply stores and get some marine quality tinned wire for that since it is being used on the exterior of the trailer. Still lots of components to purchase to install for the trailer brake system but those will be coming in from internet orders. Today I am just focused on splicing onto the wires that are on the axle and running those forward to the tongue. I still have to order the breakaway switch to mount on the tongue, the 9 pin plugs and the brake controller unit for inside the tow vehicle. My stimulus check finally arrived so now I can go ahead with ordering those components.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-09-2020

Good morning! Woke up with sand hitting me in the face at 3am, blowing since about 10pm. Is it the Polar Vortex? Records show wind speeds of 14 but the howling sound made me think it was more than that.

Hanging out watching a big tan dove check me out.
-crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-09-2020

Oh wow - the world pulls the old "sand in the face" trick on Crofter!

Maki impresses me again with doing her own trailer brake work. Amazing!!

And me... just sitting at home. Did more lawn mowing this morning. Seems that always happens.

Did some reading already. Sang a little.

Most of my stimulus payment is going to van insurance. Goodbye, money. It was nice looking at you in my bank account.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-09-2020

(05-07-2020, 05:16 PM)travelaround Wrote:  @Crofter - There are plant identification groups on Facebook with lots of people who are able to immediately identify a lot of plants. 
Here is that flower. It turned out to be the Red Mexican Bird of Paradise and blooms all summer in southern AZ.    -crofter

Description: link to picture and description of plant in a nursery site.

https://www.ecrater.com/p/22742313/caesalpinia-pulcherrima-shrub-tree-great-for?gps=1&id=74299256865&gclid=CjwKCAjwqdn1BRBREiwAEbZcR7xFhSHcMJP2wvn_DKC-k3byY5_OoqemUbRJ5vw8LHi5IQHgNHb7-hoCkocQAvD_BwE

Wow - what an expressive flower! Beautiful...

(05-09-2020, 12:30 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Maki impresses me again with doing her own trailer brake work. Amazing!!
[quote pid='492842' dateline='1589049020']
I am not working on the brakes themselves. When I had the new frame built I purchased an axle that had brakes already installed on it. So this job involves routing wires, securing them  and putting crimp connectors on. That is not so difficult to do.   But I do need to make up my mind what brand of controller I want to buy and if I want to use my house trailer battery for the breakaway switch or purchase a unit that has its own battery and charger for the brakes.  It would save about $30.00 to use the house battery in the trailer.

[/quote]

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 05-09-2020

Pennsylvania weather. We did not get over 55 degrees today. With bright sunshine and blue sky I left Lebanon County for a 100 mile trip to maintain our family cabin in Perry County. At the cabin there was 1/2 inch of snow. (100 miles west of home). I am going to fire our weather guy.

(05-09-2020, 04:05 PM)nature lover Wrote:  Pennsylvania weather.  We did not get over 55 degrees today.    With bright sunshine and blue sky I left Lebanon County for a 100 mile trip to maintain our family cabin in Perry County.  At the cabin there was 1/2 inch of snow. (100 miles west  of home).  I am going to fire our weather guy.
The jet stream caused it. It made Seattle extra warm and sent all the cold weather to the East Coast.  It is about time we got a real spring break Smile

Hot here today, but cold weather coming in the next few days, with rain. Maybe spring break is nearly over.

I am loving my hammock in the shade afternoons. So pretty here I wish I could capture it in a bottle and send it to you.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 05-10-2020

Maki2 - please send our warm weather back east to us. You can keep this cold stuff - frost is killing some of our wild flowers.