VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 05-24-2020

3 pm in PA - but if you don't wake up til noon it must be ok to say Good Morning. Overcast but pleasant mid 70s here. I am almost in the van but have to wait until the SS check comes on the 3rd to buy a few essentials. It is amazing how much stuff I have gotten rid of and the amount of things I have left. After several very severe downsizings in the last two years the things I have left have some value. Not so much $ but emotional, memories ect. These last things I am looking to find someone who will cherish them as much as I did. That is not easy. My 1751 german life of Christ book leather bound and printed on the press of one Benjamin Franklin went to a teacher who will enjoy sharing it with his students. I always thought my students liked holding something in their hands that Franklin did, I know I did. My Irish flagged 3 masked schooner ship in an Jameson whiskey bottle (no fake - the real thing) is still here and too much other stuff so it will be a hard week of decisions. I will also be off line for a week or so as I am switching from desktop to new laptop. So you may not see posts from me for a few days after the 30th. I am certain no one will miss me Smile To all my friends who poop in a bucket I will see you here of there.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-24-2020

Downsizing radically is an act of great courage. It tells us you are ready for the future.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 05-25-2020

Because of the social distancing restrictions I have had to put off selling items this spring. Of course with a lot of people out of work and needing to sell things such as tools and other items of value it will mean fewer customers to buy them. But I should do just fine with selling my bicycle and recumbent trike as those are in high demand right now.

Those funds will be needed to help finish my build. Just did a trip to the hardware store today and I had to hand over a couple of $20 bills.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 05-27-2020

Well the heat is here. It was 105 degrees today, and still 88 degrees nite temp in southern AZ.

Big scare articles in the paper about who's got covid. Less than .05 percent have it in this county, and we are a "hot spot." Also, Mexico thinks sick ppl from US are going there, and US thinks sick ppl from Mexico are coming here. Turns out to be sick ppl returning to their own country after travelling.
-crofter

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 05-27-2020

crofter, this website has detailed demographics info on AZ, indexed by county. Click on the "Demographics" and "Covid 19 Deaths" links. In Yuma county, it shows that most of the cases are among the young, but most deaths are in the elderly. Common pattern in the rest of the country too. You know what to do.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/covid-19/dashboards/index.php

You might get yerself a teeshirt.

https://www.lisutees.com/view/2834/yosemite-sam-back-off---t-shirt

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-27-2020

Crofter - so you're staying in Arizona all summer?

It is warm here too, but not up to 100.

I'm in the middle of a closet painting project. I wanted to paint the closet first and then put everything in the bedroom, into the closet. That bedroom is what I call my "dressing room" so it is mainly clothing. No bed.. my only bed is in the van. When the closet is done I'll start washing walls and painting them in that bedroom.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 05-28-2020

Weather is drying out for a few days. Spent the last of the Amazon gift card money my brother gave me on the trailer breakaway brake switch and a 7 pin plug cord for the brake and trail lights. I got a switch with a weldable tab. Now I can get to play with my friends welding machine since the tab is an appropriate thickness for his welder. It has been a lot of years since I took a welding lesson and that was for welding rebar into garden sculptures. But I have a good sense of touch with tools, it should be a little bit of fun among the more routine kinds of task on the trailer renovation. I will practice on some scraps first before I work on the actual project parts.

RE: Good morning - nature lover - 05-28-2020

Mid 80s and thunder storms in PA today. Bigger storm in my mind and body as I find out just how much junk I have in this one room apartment. I am a pack rat, descended from a family of pack rats, who downsized in steps from 4500 square feet and two car garage full of tools, to to 1800 sq feet to 200 square feet with small closet and now to a van. ahhhhhhhhhhhh

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 05-28-2020

Ha... the pack rat problem. I've been digging out from under for years. Doing pretty good right now though except for the unfortunate 9x5 storage space I have to deal with in Idaho someday. Soon, I hope.

Today... finished painting the closet except for the ceiling. I'll deal with that at a later date when I figure out how I want to do it. I'll start on bedroom walls in a few days. I'm feeling hopeful. This mobile home has so many potential projects I didn't know where to start... the opportunities are massive. Then I realized, just one thing at a time.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 04:23 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Ha... the pack rat problem. I've been digging out from under for years. Doing pretty good right now though except for the unfortunate 9x5 storage space I have to deal with in Idaho someday. Soon, I hope.

Today... finished painting the closet except for the ceiling. I'll deal with that at a later date when I figure out how I want to do it. I'll start on bedroom walls in a few days. I'm feeling hopeful. This mobile home has so many potential projects I didn't know where to start... the opportunities are massive. Then I realized, just one thing at a time.
Just make it look good enough for now that your skin doesn't crawl when walking into any space within it. Also of course safety and health items which are the highest priority on the list.