VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 06-08-2020

(06-07-2020, 08:15 PM)Sofisintown Wrote:  If there is NO ONE around to smell you, do you still STINK? 
A: Yes. You will need to exfoliate your all of skin so your pores do not become clogged. Easiest way is jumping in some water & towelling off.

If you are getting a cold shower in the shower tent, did you forget to heat the water, or forget to put up the rain fly?
-crofter

(06-07-2020, 08:24 PM)B and C Wrote:  Just like if you speak where no woman can hear you, are you still wrong?
Yes. She will let you know later.
-crofter

(06-07-2020, 10:52 AM)Qxxx Wrote:  .....you do have to carry that potty around for a week or more, and then find a convenient place to dump it, and where it is actually legal....
My max is 3 days, before I get grossed out, even though I can not smell it.

My question: if we can have charging stations for electric cars all across the land, why can't we have sewage dusposal stations for dwellers all across the land??

I'm sorry. I hope no one gagged on this subject matter in the coffee thread.
-crofter

RE: Good morning - B and C - 06-08-2020

Crap gets talked about a lot in this forum.

(06-07-2020, 08:28 PM)Qxxx Wrote:  .... For winter time use, get some little eskimo boots.
So that's what those are for. I thought it was a good luck charm to hang from the rearview mirror.
-crofter

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 06-08-2020

(06-08-2020, 03:06 PM)travelaround Wrote:   I always felt we might need to have a thread for miscellaneous chatting that isn't tied to a time of day.
And maybe Dean will come back. And BTW, "new" threads are very easy to start.

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 06-08-2020

(06-08-2020, 03:49 PM)crofter Wrote:  So that's what those are for. I thought it was a good luck charm to hang from the rearview mirror.
-crofter
Well crifter, people were talking about a lot of very strange solutions that work in limited conditions. If "I" were trying to take a shower in a floorless popup tent in the middle of January in Quartzsite, I would darn sure wear eskimo boots to keep the little puddies from freezing. 

And if 3 days worth of poop in a porta-poopy seems bad, imagine continually adding installments to a composting toilet where it takes 30 days minimum for each installment to decompose. Eeeewwww. Not to mention those separate 3-gal bottles of yellow liquid. Eeeewwww. If I ever had a composting toilet, I would put it in a trailer to pull behind the van. Out of sight, out of nose range. And "that" may be the low point of western civilization.

RE: Good morning - GypsyJan - 06-08-2020

"you do have to carry that potty around for a week or more, and then find a convenient place to dump it, and where it is actually legal to do so,"

I use the camping potty in a hybrid bucket way: I put a squat empty coffee jug in the potty bowl. The jug is lined with a disposable bag which is secured with an elastic band outside the jug so the jug lid still snaps in place. The potty lid closes shut over the jug. I dispose of a bag every morning at whichever restroom I use first (truck stop, Walmart, etc.) I don't boondock for weeks at a time, so nothing is kept aboard for more than a few hours. The jug is for liquids. I use public restrooms for solids.

Boondockers have to be more inventive Smile

RE: Good morning - jacqueg - 06-08-2020

(06-07-2020, 09:00 AM)Qxxx Wrote:  Pooping in a bucket in a van that you cannot stand up in is possibly the low point of human civilization in america in the past 50 years.

It's waaaay better than NOT having a bucket!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 06-08-2020

I think that when one says good morning in person sometimes that is all that gets said. Other times when passing by a neighbor the weather is often mentioned. When talking to closer friends, personal health might get mentioned. When there is the time and interest a bit of the persons activities might get mentions such as "I have been keeping busy doing...." Sometimes things happening in the news also get commented on. Of course as you get older health issues might get mentioned such as having had a bad night or a loved one having a health issue.

But it should be friendly otherwise it really is not a "good morning" type of conversation.

Of course those breakfast with friends at a coffee shop or cafe tend to ramble all over the place and lots of grousing about stuff can happen at them and can continue from one breakfast meeting to the next.