VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 06-13-2020

What about this street preacher being assaulted in the autonomous zone?

Your mayor said: "The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone #CHAZ is not a lawless wasteland of anarchist insurrection - it is a peaceful expression of our community's collective grief..."

The videos tell a different story. The preacher was assaulted for 11 minutes while people just stood there and got video of the attack. Finally one man intervened to remind people they are not the police.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/antifa-chaz-thugs-attack-choke-sexually-assault-street-preacher-seattle-video/

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 06-13-2020

(06-13-2020, 04:28 PM)travelaround Wrote:  ........ How about the business owners? Have any of them had to close up because of this?
Seattle is still in phase 1 stay at home shut down. Although this week a few retail stores and salons have been allowed to open with severely restricted numbers of customers.But basically the only businesses open in that area are take out food, grocery, hardware or pharmacies. I did read that some of the coffee shops were setting out tables with free coffee for the protestors. 

I went to the post office in my neighborhood today to ship an order. When I was inside I heard some protest chanting, I thought perhaps it was on the radio in the back room as I was using the drop box that goes into that room. But when I walked out the front door the protest was right there live, in person, passing by on the sidewalk  in front of the post office.  It was "gang" of 3 elementary school aged, caucasian, children going by on their roller blades, holding protest signs and loudly chanting the "Black Lives Matter" slogans. They were even dressed in helmets and protective gear. The President is going to have to bring in armed soldiers to get these dangerous protestors off the streets to get this city under control.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 06-13-2020

I don't think an attack on the protesters is a good idea. This isn't the Civil War. I believe that eventually they'll want to go somewhere else. Meanwhile, I also saw your Chief of Police saying there were crimes including rapes that policemen couldn't get to, to help, or couldn't get to in a timely manner because of this autonomous zone. That's a serious problem. If the mayor wants to hand over that section of the city to lawlessness the people who live there could be at a disadvantage if there's an emergency situation in their personal lives.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 06-14-2020

(06-13-2020, 05:00 PM)travelaround Wrote:  What about this street preacher being assaulted in the autonomous zone?

Your mayor said: "The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone #CHAZ is not a lawless wasteland of anarchist insurrection - it is a peaceful expression of our community's collective grief..."

The videos tell a different story. The preacher was assaulted for 11 minutes while people just stood there and got video of the attack. Finally one man intervened to remind people they are not the police.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/antifa-chaz-thugs-attack-choke-sexually-assault-street-preacher-seattle-video/
I don't like they way any one them are handling themselves in that video including the individual who is being called a "preacher". For all we know he might have been verbally assaulting the protestors.

I can tell you that the Seattle polices response times to situations is incredibly slow. I know this from personal experience. I had a sociopath in the building that the property manager hired to be an site assistant. There was no background check run on him. He was verbally assaulting all the women in the building, he was breaking in and stealing from people. He was bullying any man in the building who was shorter than he was. He was right above my unit and told people he was going to fire a gun through the floor and kill me. One night when he was drunk and he was outside my glass entry door, yelling, banging on the door, screaming and threatening me. I was on the phone with 911 and they could hear it. The Seattle police did not show up for more than 25 minutes. They decided they had to gather together 4 police cars before they responded so that they would not get hurt.

They are just looking for excuses for their poor response time. They would not have showed up quickly for a rape situation. They don't show up quickly for shots fired, they wait until they can come in with a bunch of squad cars.
You don't ever want to be in a situation in Seattle where you need a fast response if someone is attacking you because you won't get a fast response. I am sure it is much the same in most cities.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 06-14-2020

Where I’m so remote response times can be hours. “Local law enforcement” responded to two drunks threatening each other with pistols by showing up after an hour and a half with an extra bulletproof vest. A maintenance man had already disarmed them and they were sleeping it off on the picnic table when he got here! LOL!!!

RE: Good morning - B and C - 06-14-2020

When seconds count, police are only minutes away.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 06-14-2020

@bullfrog . We get slow response times here too. Our only local deputy has been injured many months. Others are sent from Yreka.. 2 hours away.

@Maki.. I just hope for a peaceful outcome, especially for you. You're the only person I currently know in Seattle.

Happy Sunday everyone.

@travelaround:

I am attaching a satellite image (click on it to enlarge) so you can better understand the physical distance from my build space and the protest. It is miles away from me, it would take me close to half an hour to get there because of how the roads are laid out. I am not in even a teeny tiny bit of danger from those protestors.  

[attachment=25956]

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 06-14-2020

Thanks for the map, Maki.. Seattle is a huge city. I was there in about 1995 for a few days. I remember visiting the Museum of History and Industry, and seeing the troll under the bridge... we stayed there for an hour or two visiting a Seattle friend. Also visited a park next to the water but cannot remember the name of it. Haven't been back since. My son drove a semi for a few years and often had to go to Seattle and didn't like that because of the traffic slowing him down. Getting paid by the mile, that was a problem.