VanDweller Community Forums
UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Communication: Cell, Internet, Mail Delivery (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... (/showthread.php?tid=32462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - kenlaxphoto - 08-12-2018

Where I am stealth parking (mostly at a Walmart) in Madison, WI the local UPS Store is charging me $120/yr for the basic service of a legit street address and mail receiving. This is competitive with the virtual mailbox services.  $10 month and a no-hassle in-store set-up. fyi
KL
August, 2018

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - highdesertranger - 08-12-2018

well according to the federal government a UPS address is not a legitimate address for your residence. it might work now but sooner or later they will catch on. now for your mailing address it's perfectly fine. highdesertranger

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - Zil - 08-13-2018

Yes what he said ^^^

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - RogerD - 08-13-2018

What are you supposed to use if you don't have an actual address/residence?

I sold my house about 6 weeks and have also just been using a UPS store address.

You say that they (Gov) will sooner or later catch on ... and do what?

Thanks in advance.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - lenny flank - 08-13-2018

You'll need an actual residential street address. Most people use a friend or relative's address.

It's not just the Govt---insurance companies have databases with all the known mail-forwarders, and won't write a policy for those addresses.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - RogerD - 08-13-2018

I already had my insurance.

I did a change of address through the post office and my insurance company found out about it somehow and sent me an email wanting me to confirm my address change.

I confirmed it and now they are using my UPS store address.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - RVTravel - 08-13-2018

Can an insurance company deny you coverage (even though taking policy coverage money) after you give them a false domicile address?

I'd have a Plan B when you go to renew.

As soon as they find out it's a maildrop, they'll stop your policy.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - tbair - 08-13-2018

Both Geico and Progressive will insure full time RV's without a fixed address ie only a mailbox for address. As to the government it gets more complex. Some states are better than others. Other states you really need to at least pretend to have or temporarily have a real fixed address. With Federal it depends on what you are doing, voting and benefits might be hard, paying taxes should be easy

They'll insure RVs, not a van.

The Real ID Act is federal.