VanDweller Community Forums
UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Communication: Cell, Internet, Mail Delivery (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... (/showthread.php?tid=32462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - lenny flank - 08-15-2018

(08-14-2018, 10:11 PM)John61CT Wrote:  No, last I checked 18 states did.

And a permanent option, just means use your passport.

So less than half offer an option. I am curious if they are clustered in the low-population states out west.

Alas, most Americans don't have a passport. And most Americans don't want to need a passport to fly to Miami to visit grandma.

UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - John61CT - 08-15-2018

Then they will need to get Real ID, or stay on land.

Personally I don't know anyone that I'm aware who has let their passport lapse, and we have so many family members overseas, need to be ready to go drop of a hat if something happens. All three crops of my spawn were born out of the US too.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - RogerD - 08-16-2018

I found an RV park in Florida and they offer mail forwarding.

I can establish an address at the park and use it for everything that is supposed to be a physical mailing address and not just a mailbox.

I will keep my mailbox for buying stuff online and where the mail gets forwarded to.

Seems like a solution.

UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - John61CT - 08-16-2018

If the RV park uses the same street address for their forwarding business as they do for providing a domicile address

to the extent lots of people use it,

that may trigger a blacklisting in future.

Algorithms will end up one day flagging any address used by a number of people much larger than the location would reasonably accommodate, without a human needing to check satellite or streetview pics.

Of course that may be a few years away, so this is just a caution for those seeking something foolproof and relatively permanent.

They actually give you 2 mailing addresses.

One that is just a mailbox and another if you need to use a physical address.and is the actual RV park address.

Fantastic, glad to see they understand that's the way to go.

Florida is also the state I first heard about the court affidavit process to be domiciled there with no fixed address, the government assigns you the address to use for DMV.

Anyone gets more details on that would be worth its own thread.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - wasanah2 - 08-16-2018

(08-16-2018, 10:07 AM)RogerD Wrote:  They actually give you 2 mailing addresses.

One that is just a mailbox and another if you need to use a physical address.and is the actual RV park address.

Roger, the FL RV park I'm at now will not let you use it for a physical addy for the DMV even if you are here full time, and they have a sign posted that says anyone here is here as an itinerant.  I thought it was odd that they had to have a sign like that.  People can get mail here.  I don't because I have a home base and take my mail there.  But this has caused some who have no other home some headaches.  Can you share the name of the place to me via PM or on here so I can share that with them?  It might be helpful...at least until they change things again.

Different motivation there.

Longer term residents start to accumulate rights under state laws designed to protect tenants from unfair eviction by landlords.

RE: UPS Store for Address and Mail receiving... - RVTravel - 08-16-2018

Sounds like a good situation, RogerD.

https://www.escapees.com

Available in FL, TX, and SD.