VanDweller Community Forums
Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Vandwelling topics that don't fit in other areas (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great (/showthread.php?tid=33506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - WanderingRose - 10-24-2018

No,but sitting with your feet planted on the ground is supposed to produce the same effect.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Gardenias - 11-17-2018

(10-24-2018, 05:15 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  Maybe that’s why walking barefoot on a beach is so calming and restorative.

My Mom told me that this was prescribed by a physician early on for her.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Dingfelder - 11-17-2018

Anything that gives one a far horizon to look into helps lift the spirit. It's when the spirit is cornered and has no place to go and nothing to experience but itself and its narrow confines, nothing to hear but its own echoes, that it begins to feed on itself instead of taking in the life of the world, and thereby loses its vigor and wholesomeness, or turns that vigor into something unwholesome. The spirit needs renewal no less than the body.

That, along with variety, is why they say nobody goes to flatlands on vacation; they like beaches and mountains. For once, for a while, they can see a long, beautiful, untroubled way.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - travelaround - 11-17-2018

Sometimes I watch nature videos on YouTube - on my big TV... the videos last 8 hours with just a video of one stream or waterfall, and that water sound is so relaxing. I think just looking at the color green in nature helps.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Mechelle - 11-18-2018

(10-24-2018, 05:15 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  Maybe that’s why walking barefoot on a beach is so calming and restorative.

I've read that its also the negative ions, that beaches and waterfalls, moving water...really make you feel better, because the moving water generates a lot of negative ions.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Headache - 11-18-2018

I want to know where you live so I can get something affordable!

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - ORANGE - 08-11-2019

Hey sorry headache I never responded!!

There are MANY you can get that cheap in Murray KY.

So you can go boondock in Land of the Lakes and you can check out Murray. Small college town. Very safe.

ELECTRIC could cost me up to130 a month. EGADS! Now I live in the great cheap electric state of Tennessee!

Where I was was outside the city limits. Therefore different electirc company. Never bothered to see if the in city was way cheaper or not.

Red Oaks apartments 1409 Diuguid Dr Murray KY

USA Today voted Murray KY the friendliest town in the USA http://www.tourmurray.com/about-murray/friendliest-small-town/

Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Cammalu - 08-11-2019

Headache it’s really cheap here near us. You know where we are. They have new senior apartments based on income also. I heard they were pretty nice.

You’d have good neighbors

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - Riverman - 08-11-2019

To me, an apartment based on your income would be a real blessing.

RE: Depression?If you cant get out there yet, get out there. And feel great - RoadtripsAndCampfires - 08-11-2019

I survived working until retirement by camping every weekend I could during the nice weather months.  The rest of the time a park or good backyard helps.

Christine