VanDweller Community Forums
Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Vandwelling topics that don't fit in other areas (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? (/showthread.php?tid=35951)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - SillyLilly - 04-02-2019

They all watched the same video on how you could make $$$$$$ a year with vlogging and instagram and becoming 'influncers' and getting free stuff by spamming your links everywhere to get those very important clicks without actually participating in the forums you spam. It requires doing outrageous stuff and creating lots of drama to keep your viewers "engaged" or something.

It's now gone meta -- there's a guy calling himself "vlogger puppets" making fun of them.

Nothing to see here, basically.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - IGBT - 04-02-2019

Wearing skimpy outfits helps the subscriber numbers too, at least in the sailing vlogs.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - kaBLOOnie Boonster - 04-02-2019

The DIY approach fits naturally with linkbaiting.

It also fits in with people who are addicted to shopping on Amazon.

The DIY approach tells people they are going to save a fortune. Thus it becomes the enabler of ego-worshipping over-improvers.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - sreesekelley - 04-02-2019

As a newbie 'vlogger' I decided to create something my grand kids could find after I'm gone. I don't sell stickers, could care less about instagram and my descriptions probably leave a little to be desired. I don't care about subscribers or what they think or say although if it is a positive comment i try to reply in kind.

I did start posting links to the donation pages of the local animal shelters. That would be my only fiduciary interest.

I view the youtube channel as a personal webpage where i don't have to type much. If something I say or show helps someone or they find it interesting so much the better but I try to keep in mind that my ultimate audience are not old enough to get on the internet yet.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - lenny flank - 04-02-2019

Meh, I don't watch any vandweller vids. I don't need to--I am too busy actually vandwelling.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - brahmon - 04-02-2019

getting slammed with battle born "reviews" by these new popup vandweller "gurus."

ima set up a youtune channel so i can get sponsored by battle born! free lifep04 batteries! lol

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - Guy Smiley - 04-02-2019

What bugs me are the ones that mostly just criticize other YouTube channels.

There’s one (Naming names: Little House on the Road) who constantly cites content on other channels and deliberately does not link to or name who he’s referring to, then he distorts, exaggerates and sometimes straight makes up things about what they’re trying to say.

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - JD GUMBEE - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 10:46 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote:  then he distorts, exaggerates and sometimes straight makes up things about what they’re trying to say.

One need not go to youtube for this, it happens right in any forum on the net.

Sad

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - Guy Smiley - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 02:00 PM)JD GUMBEE Wrote:  One need not go to youtube for this, it happens right in any forum on the net.

Sad

No arguments with that from me in general, but this guy BSing other van dwellers and wouldbe’s.

This guy is particularly irksome with his clickbait titles and profiting from piggybacking off others content with zero attribution.

He’s trying to be some kind of anti-Bob Wells that discourages people from mobile living. It’s pathetic. He spent all kinds of time talking about the trials of RV living out West but he’s never made it West of the SD badlands...

RE: Suddenly, so many DIY vandweller youtubers? - Matlock - 04-03-2019

About 5,970,000 results (0.64 seconds)
Search Results
Web results
Living The Van Life - YouTube

Wow, just last month there was only 5,969,000 results. So little time, so many videos..... Smile