VanDweller Community Forums
What are you having for dinner? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Food & Cooking (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you having for dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=36246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Rajendora1 - 06-07-2019

Yeah, great idea.  Except that the local parks are by law supposed to be empty by half hour before sunset and we don't want to time our eating by the cops and fines we can't afford.  Remember that old saying?  Moccasins, dude.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 06-07-2019

Broke my 48 hour fast with two pieces of chicken, a couple of pickled eggs, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. An hour later, went to a get-together and snacked on the pork rinds, some pickles I had brought over earlier, and whatever meaty appetizers were around. A few hours later, came home and had a mango. Stuffed now!

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 06-08-2019

Raj just enjoy all your leftovers from your 15 oz cans LOL Smile another meal only to reheat is a good thing, less cooking which to me is always a blessing!!

tonight just doing bacon/cheese omelet for dinner
brunch time enjoying some beef broth and maybe some leftover shrimp with little cocktail sauce.
simple day

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Queen - 06-08-2019

Hey Roamer, I’ve looked and looked and can’t find cocktail sauce without sugar, what have you found?

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 06-08-2019

yea it is not an option to just buy it for me in a way cause I don't like 'sugar free' items really either LOL

all I do is use the low sugar ketchup. I buy it and it is like, if I can remember, 1/2 the sugar in a tablespoon from original ketchup?? heck I can't remember now HAHA

but I use very very little cocktail sauce cause I am not a huge fan, but I love a tiny taste of horseradish on my shrimp....so I use low sugar ketchup and horseradish and mix my own but also I use, maybe less than a tablespoon, on ALOT of shrimp cause not being a fan, but wanting a zip of that taste, I can get away with very little....and it never bothered me ever. Got no effects from what little I do use.

Jok n al have a sugar free one with like 3 total carbs, 1 from sugar and maybe 1 or 2 others have very low counts but ordering is tough, most places don't stock. Netrition online sells a ton of sugar free junk. Ever use Netriton site?

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Queen - 06-08-2019

Never heard of that site, thanks.

I’m contemplating stirring a little mayo/spicy mustard/horseradish together and try that for a shrimp dip. I love cocktail sauce and use wayyy too much of it.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 06-11-2019

but ya know I find if I eat, say a pretzel, and it is X amt of carbs, but I eat a sauce like cocktail and the amt I do eat is close to that pretzel carb count, I still do very well in that I am not effected the same way...….what is wrapped around those carbs eaten make a big difference to my body. Now a carb is a carb to me for sure no matter what it comes from in general, but from eating and learning my body I know what effects me and doesn't. Pretzel carbs hold water weight from the flour etc. and I get no 'icky' feeling from cocktail sauce at all so...…..it is one of those what helps/reacts/feels to your body and ya know what you can get away with and can't Smile that make sense to you, lol

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 06-12-2019

Had leftover pork and chicken plus some veggies, cut thin, and cilantro rolled up in rice paper wraps, with a random-flavored light dip. The kind you get when you get Vietnamese spring rolls. I like rice paper sheets because they keep almost forever, and they serve to do the wrapping thing without adding a huge amount of carbs, since they are so thin.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Queen - 06-12-2019

I’m fasting today, no dinner for me. I had wine last night so today’s fast has been kinda miserable... I’m always hungry the day after if I eat carbs or drink alcohol.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 06-12-2019

Me too. I did that a few days ago and was pretty miserable the next day. I'm still low on ketones a few days later.