VanDweller Community Forums
What are you having for dinner? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Food & Cooking (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you having for dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=36246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What are you having for dinner? - MrNoodly - 06-12-2019

Chicken-rice-broccoli-cheddar soup

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Day Dreamer - 06-17-2019

Sorry if this a repeat haven't read the whole thread yet.

Try wrapping your chicken in foil to cook with some EVOO and herbs. Then take it out near the end just to sear the outside. Super moist with a nice outside char.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 06-17-2019

been zero carb for years with very little veering from that but on this vacay trip to the beach I am on now...I had 1 spoonful of mashed taters and gravy for taste....2 spoonfuls of mac n cheese for taste and darn if that cheese wasn't delish in it....1 big bite of crunch bread from the grill with butter....4 brussel sprouts in butter....and 1 massive Cajun style pork chop.

omg I was so sick. felt like I ate a balloon I bloated up so bad. I went down for a few hours. I gotta say the junk hit my system like poison. I truly felt icky. But that is over and today was 2 sausage patties, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and for dinner tonight we are grilling 2 beautiful small pork loins on the grill....absolutely no carbs are gonna get past these lips today HAHA I wanna feel great and energized, not sluggy and icky Smile It takes very little junky food for me to feel it and react to it now. I know they can't be good for ya if you feel this darn bad after eating some of this crap LOL Every now and then I get a reminder why I do what I do Smile

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 06-19-2019

Pizza made with cabbage crust, the kind where you process it very fine and then squeeze out all the juice by putting it in a towel and twisting and squishing it ... then mixing it with a bunch of shredded cheese. Surprisingly good, but yeah, cheese'll do that. Angel hair pasta of a different, chewier sort, made with mung bean noodles, and regular old hamburger meatballs made with toasted almonds, caramelized onions, a couple eggs, and garlic. Sauce was just tomato paste plus a couple cans of diced tomatoes simmered down. I find that if I avoid the premade sauces, I can splurge on some nice extras, like more cheese and meat.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - XERTYX - 07-09-2019

6 hour beef rump roast. 3hrs indirect smoked with pecan 3 hours in the dutch oven with a little margarine. 

It was an experiment. It could have been better but I was satisfied. 

[attachment=23902]

RE: What are you having for dinner? - gwave - 07-09-2019

(06-19-2019, 01:23 AM)Dingfelder Wrote:  Pizza made with cabbage crust, the kind where you process it very fine and then squeeze out all the juice by putting it in a towel and twisting and squishing it ... then mixing it with a bunch of shredded cheese.  Surprisingly good, but yeah, cheese'll do that.  Angel hair pasta of a different, chewier sort, made with mung bean noodles, and regular old hamburger meatballs made with toasted almonds, caramelized onions, a couple eggs, and garlic.  Sauce was just tomato paste plus a couple cans of diced tomatoes simmered down.  I find that if I avoid the premade sauces, I can splurge on some nice extras, like more cheese and meat.

Cabbage or did you mean cauliflower?

RE: What are you having for dinner? - highdesertranger - 07-09-2019

XERTYX next time try doing the Dutch Oven first then the smoker. that's the way I do it. highdesertranger

RE: What are you having for dinner? - XERTYX - 07-09-2019

Well I've never slow smoked beef. Always pork or chicken. A pork loin I always do 3 hours offset fat side up 180° turn every 30 mins for 3 hours then wrap in foil and direct over the heat fat side down 30 min 180° spin 3 hrs and I get exceptional results shredded with a fork and devils spit bbq sauce. I wanted to get a brisket but a full brisket would mean direct grilling. No offset. I'm cheating the grill I have I use bricks to make a cold side. I could have cut it in 2 and froze the rest but my freezer is full.

I even thought about trying a Pakistani nihari masala but that's usually a shank of beef or camel. I think I have some NIB nihari masala but I didnt want spicy today. And my onions were off otherwise this would have been a pot roast anyway.

I love to cook.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 07-09-2019

(07-09-2019, 03:05 PM)gwave Wrote:  Cabbage or did you mean cauliflower?

My first one was cabbage, since their texture and water content are so similar.  Second one was cauliflower, a couple weeks later.  Haven't mastered the crust yet; still a little limp toward the middle.  Great with a fork and knife, though.  Next time I might put the already-squeezed veggie in a colander and set a weight on top of it for a while.  I think salting would work to help get some water out too, but then I would have to be very careful not to get a salt overload with toppings.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 07-09-2019

Today had fried fish cakes over a mixed salad with alfalfa and sunflower microgreens and toasted almonds.  Really good!  I'm getting into microgreens in a big way now.