VanDweller Community Forums
What are you having for dinner? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Food & Cooking (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you having for dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=36246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 08-20-2019

Chicken soup home-made from the left-over bones and skin. Plus some chicken, of course, also carrots and onion.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Qxxx - 08-21-2019

Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and French fries.I know, that just ain't right, but I got tired of the usual.

That being, in a frying pan: chopped onions, green and red peppers, green beans, chicken breast, salmon steak, or eggs for protein, and for bulk, either some hash browns, can of corn or container of brown rice. Seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Cooked in olive oil. All one big mess of goo.

Oops, left out tomatoes, got to gave every day.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 08-21-2019

was your big mess of good yummy? Smile

It's always yummy. Then a piece of bread to wipe the remaining goo from the frying pan. One dish meal when on the road, and very little cleanup needed.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 09-01-2019

Glad you loved it!!!! I so get wiping out the pan to get it all.

today is peel and eat shrimp with a smidge of cocktail sauce for brunch time later
dinner is big old ribeye on the grill, might do a bit of mushroom and maybe some asparagus with it if more hungry.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Qxxx - 09-01-2019

Wiping the fry pan with bread also does a fine job of getting the last bit of goo out of the pan, so cleaning is much easier. Got to take all the shortcuts when camping out.

Shrimp in the barbie sounds fantastic, but like a S&B or big rig endeavor. My van is too small to want to haul a barbecue along.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - sushidog - 09-01-2019

Rat na we're boondockin' in Utah, between the unbelievably spectacular Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park. There are giant hoodoos right out my MH's big kitchen window! The weather is perfect - clear blue skies, a nice breeze and it's about 75 degrees where we're camped, at about 7700 ft elevation.

I just got about half a gallon of leftover seafood gumbo I made a couple weeks ago out of the freezer to thaw. I made it with a traditional Cajun medium roux - not too dark, like I'd make for a chicken and sausage gumbo. It's chock of shrimp, crab meat and fish, with okra and the trinity (chopped celery, onion and bell pepper) cooked down in a rich shrimp head and red snapper head fumet. I seasoned it with some Zatarain's liquid crab boil, Tabasco and few bay leaves. I'll cook up some cajun rice and we'll have beaucoup dinner. No french bread, so I guess I'll serve it with a little toast and butter. Ca c’est bon!

I'll get out the File', a big bottle of Tabasco and put some Professor Longhair and Dr. John on the stereo. I've got some sodapop with the foam on top (Abita Beer) chillin' in the fridge rat na. My DW and I will have us a Fais Do-Do, Cher! Laissez les bon temps roulet! Aeeeee!

Chip

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Qxxx - 09-01-2019

Don't know who you are but sound like a NOLA expat. Someone who knows how to eat!! Mouth is watering. And Utah high country sounds beautiful right now.

Freezer, gosh. I had a freezer in my van for a while, but I had to sleep in the carrier box on the roof back then, so I dumped the freezer, :-). Sometimes the van "is" a little small. And my stereo is mono.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - RoamerRV428 - 09-02-2019

yea I can't live without my grill.....well I can cause I would just make a fire and do all my grilling on that Smile

but we have room for it all the time in the rv.

Damn Chip, that is some great yummy descriptive on your gumbo!!
YUM

rat na...lol...right now....love how you type like you speak Smile

cool

today is more fasting day, no food appeal draw
beef broth with maybe a small bit of sautéed chicken over small salad with some ranch and bit of shred cheddar