VanDweller Community Forums
What are you having for dinner? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Food & Cooking (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you having for dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=36246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What are you having for dinner? - XERTYX - 05-01-2019

I'm not sure I've ever had pea soup before. It looks and smells good. I'm not as big of a soup eater anymore.

Tonight maybe I'll get fancy and make myself some hors d'oeuvres. I bought some crackers and a can of smoked oysters. You may recall I dont like seafood. This is my one exception. But I only eat them when I have certain cravings. I have felt puny lately and started craving liver, rare steak, mixed nuts, and oysters. One thing they all have in common is they are good sources of iron. I satisfy these cravings when i have them and i start feeling better. The body will tell you what you need IMO. If you listen.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 05-04-2019

Wow, I'm surprised to hear someone has never tried pea soup. It's such a common thing. Reminds me of someone I know who never played cards of any kind, not once either growing up or as an adult. She took a while to get used to the difference between spades and clubs. She would lay down both together in gin rummy and think she had a run.

Oh well, it's nothing terminal. But you might enjoy it if you give it a try. It's fine vegan or with ham, either way. And dirt cheap from dried peas, which makes it great for people being careful on expenses.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - XERTYX - 05-06-2019

Right yeah its very cheap. I'd imagine it sticks to your ribs as well. A nice full belly on the cheap. Win win.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - maki2 - 05-06-2019

Tuna with pickle sandwich.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Glowzwindz - 05-06-2019

Hi. I am just cooking wieners & baroque sauce & and mash potatoes ( cheese onion) for supper and camp fire pies ! ( pie pan great for make sandwiches & chili)! Have gr8 day,

RE: What are you having for dinner? - highdesertranger - 05-06-2019

well last night I roasted a chicken so tonight it's leftover chicken sandwiches. then tomorrow it's chicken soup. highdesertranger

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Dingfelder - 05-07-2019

(05-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Glowzwindz Wrote:  Hi. I am just cooking wieners & baroque sauce & and mash potatoes ( cheese onion) for supper and camp fire pies ! ( pie pan great for make sandwiches & chili)! Have gr8 day,

What is baroque sauce?  Sounds ornamental!

Tonight had a chicken pot pie that a friend made.  Various people around will invite each other for dinner and sometimes share interesting left-overs, so today I was the lucky one.

RE: What are you having for dinner? - highdesertranger - 05-07-2019

barbeque sauce. funny thing until you mentioned it I was reading barbeque sauce not baroque sauce. highdesertranger

RE: What are you having for dinner? - Gr8ful - 05-07-2019

I like lentel soup & chick pot pie Smile

RE: What are you having for dinner? - XERTYX - 05-07-2019

I think tonight will be plain old bologna sandwiches. Red ring bologna of course. With dukes mayonnaise. There are few things I only buy a specific brand of but mayo is an exception. Bologna has to be the red ring type, hotdogs have to be red hotdogs. Sriracha has to be the rooster sauce or crying tiger brand if you can find it.