VanDweller Community Forums
Neat little homemade trailer - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Share Your Story (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Seen on the Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Neat little homemade trailer (/showthread.php?tid=36570)

Pages: 1 2

Neat little homemade trailer - slow2day - 05-15-2019

At the ferry terminal in Prince Rupert,British Columbia. Looks like a Honda CRV pulling it.

[attachment=23288][attachment=23290][attachment=23289]

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - Sunny1 - 05-17-2019

(05-15-2019, 01:15 PM)slow2day Wrote:  At the ferry terminal in Prince Rupert,British Columbia. Looks like a Honda CRV pulling it.

It's cute and original.  Looks ultra light.

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - jacqueg - 05-18-2019

Kinda like a rustic (and very tiny) airstream!

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - StarliteRambler - 05-18-2019

...or an aluminum hobbit house!

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - highdesertranger - 05-19-2019

now see I see it totally differently. I don't see cute I see someone who doesn't know what they are doing and a trailer that is probably a hazard on the road.

first off look a the clearance between the tires and the fenders. it's no much, which tends to mean that it's way overloaded.

then the windows. household windows have no place on a mobile build, none. I don't care how people try to justify it, it not the right product for the job.

then the door. obviously something is gong on there because they have a bungee holding the door closed. am I surprised? no not at all from what I can see from the pictures.

so to recap cute no, hazard yes.

I know I am a buzz killer, Debbie downer, but you have to be realistic whenyou look at things.

highdesertranger

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - slow2day - 05-19-2019

^
Yeah, not the most solid rig on the road, for sure.

I tried to catch up to them and check it out more to see if it was just a weekend toy or not but they outran me.

I'd be curious as to how leak proof it is...

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - ckelly78z - 05-19-2019

Ugly as a mud fence !

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - highdesertranger - 05-19-2019

boy what a messed up post that was(mine). spelling errors, grammar errors. sorry about that folks. the only defense I can offer is I hadn't had my coffee yet, I know that's a poor excuse. highdesertranger

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - slow2day - 05-19-2019

(05-19-2019, 02:20 PM)highdesertranger Wrote:  ....what a messed up post that was (mine).  spelling errors.  the only defense I can offer is I hadn't had my coffee yet,  I know that's a poor excuse.  highdesertranger

What spelling errors?  You had me wondering that maybe the metal construction would  make it sound like a gong every time the bungee snapped the door closed...

RE: Neat little homemade trailer - Firebuild - 05-19-2019

Judging from the hinges, the door opens out. So I'm not sure how that bungee could be holding it closed, since it's pulling to the outside.