VanDweller Community Forums
Instant Pot travel - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Food & Cooking (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Instant Pot travel (/showthread.php?tid=37577)

Pages: 1 2

Instant Pot travel - hausmutti - 08-07-2019

For those who carry an instant pot or similar appliance, how do you transport it so as not to damage the electronics with the jostling?  I'm planning to take my ninja foodi along for when I have shore power.

RE: Instant Pot travel - jimindenver - 08-07-2019

The things that I can not or am not willing to properly secure go on the bed

RE: Instant Pot travel - hausmutti - 08-07-2019

I was kind of thinking of using the shipping styrofoam in a box to set it in and wondered if it was necessary.

RE: Instant Pot travel - WanderingRose - 08-07-2019

Mine sits in a lower cabinet.

RE: Instant Pot travel - maki2 - 08-07-2019

put some bubble wrap around it and secure the bubble wrap with one of those big rubber bands made for holding the bags onto the upper rim of trash cans. You can purchase those rubber bands at hardware stores such as Ace, True Value, etc.

RE: Instant Pot travel - jimindenver - 08-07-2019

Using the box it came in is probably a good idea considering that it is meant for shipping. If your driving is rougher than a UPS handler then I fear for more than your insta pot. lol

RE: Instant Pot travel - outermostsoul - 08-18-2019

I found a bowling ball tote bag at a thrift store for a buck. My 3 quart Instapot fits perfectly in there. It has a foam base and zips up tight. Perfect for sneaking it into motel rooms/restrooms for stealth cooking. In an un-named fairly well known RV park without electricity - I would take it into the restroom late at night to cook a fast meal and then back to bowling ball tote and it would stay warm most of the next day. Algodones shrimp steamed with lime slices turn out great and only took a few minutes,

RE: Instant Pot travel - hausmutti - 08-19-2019

(08-07-2019, 03:08 PM)jimindenver Wrote:  Using the box it came in is probably a good idea considering that it is meant for shipping. If your driving is rougher than a UPS handler then I fear for more than your insta pot. lol

very funny, Jim!  lol

RE: Instant Pot travel - hausmutti - 08-19-2019

(08-18-2019, 11:46 PM)outermostsoul Wrote:  I found a bowling ball tote bag at a thrift store for a buck.  My 3 quart Instapot fits perfectly in there.  It has a foam base and zips up tight. Perfect for sneaking it into motel rooms/restrooms for stealth cooking.  In an un-named  fairly well known RV park without electricity - I would take it into the restroom late at night to cook a fast meal and then back to bowling ball tote and it would stay warm most of the next day. Algodones shrimp steamed with lime slices turn out great and only took a few minutes,
Though my Foodi is too big for a bowling ball bag, THAT is an absolutely brilliant idea.

RE: Instant Pot travel - annapearl - 08-20-2019

I guess I need to get past my fear of using it before I even think of where I will put it in my rig. I had an old pressure cooker blow up on me and I just can't get over the mess that created. I would guess that wrapping it in an extra blanket and putting it under the booth seat in a dinette or under a bed would work.