VanDweller Community Forums
Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Vandwelling topics that don't fit in other areas (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Wearing a mask now we are opening? (/showthread.php?tid=40167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Wearing a mask now we are opening? - bullfrog - 05-17-2020

I learned gun safety and a "golden rule" at a very young age.  I was allowed to have a gun as soon as I could hold one with the promise I would never point it at anything I didn't intend to shoot and kill, loaded or unloaded, even accidently.  I was told that one time and one time only and agreed.  I went soon after shooting with my uncles and after emptying the cylinder of the large pistol I was tapped on the shoulder from behind by one of my uncles which made me spin around by instinct pointing the empty gun accidentally at one of my uncles.  When I woke up laying on the ground after being pistol whipped, I had a cut that made a nice scar on my head just like all my uncles had.  Recently I was lectured about individual rights after explaining wearing a mask is necessary to protect the people you accidently get within 6' of getting the virus you may not even know you have, and that if both individuals are wearing a mask there is a very good chance neither will get sick and possibly dying and we can get things open sooner.  It seems there are lots of people that need to have a scar to remind them of important lessons, after all scars are just a tattoo with a story.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - crofter - 05-17-2020

I wear one when going to town, but not at home. 
-crofter

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - bullfrog - 05-17-2020

I don't wear one when I'm someplace I know I will be alone, although after seeing many cases are from people who stay home it makes you wonder if they wear one when dealing with deliveries or packages coming in from the outside. My biggest beef is the very people that want to reopen sooner are the very ones that are yelling in peoples faces without social distancing and using masks, how does that make any sense? Yelling and physical activity dramatically increases the distance required to stay safe.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Matlock - 05-18-2020

(05-17-2020, 11:52 PM)bullfrog Wrote:  Snip..... Yelling and physical activity dramatically increases the distance required to stay safe.

Anyone raising their voice and waving frantically to make a point, has nothing of importance to say. I tune them out and walk away.

I wear a mask to keep your germs out of my face. (also to keep those self-proclaimed MD's without a mask from seeing my smirk).

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Sofisintown - 05-18-2020

I wear a mask to keep people from complaining.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - WanderingRose - 05-18-2020

I don’t wear a mask to walk the dog, do keep one in the car and wear it into any shopping I have to do.

Out of respect for others I might infect, should I be an asymptomatic carrier.

It’s a small thing for anyone to contribute to slow the spread of a deadly virus, it seems to me.

Most stores where I live are firmly requiring masks for shoppers to come inside.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Stargazer - 05-18-2020

Bullfrog,

You wrote "after seeing many cases are from people who stay home it makes you wonder if they wear one when dealing with deliveries or packages coming in from the outside." I have wondered about that myself. How many people who have stayed home and/or worn masks are getting sick anyway?

Would you please give a source for this? Thanks!!

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - tx2sturgis - 05-18-2020

I practice safe-surfing so I wear a 'face condom' whenever I visit this forum....y'all got me skeered!

Tongue

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - slow2day - 05-18-2020

^
Maybe you should be since TX has seen a surge in new COVID cases.

Hang in there bro...

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - bullfrog - 05-18-2020

I have found a good source of information to be the New York governor's daily briefing on YouTube carried by PBS or NBC. He mentioned it the other day along with the fact surprisingly that front line workers tested had a lower infection rate than the general population, basically proving PPE used properly works. Testing is still not up to a level it needs to be but they are starting to see some trends.