VanDweller Community Forums
Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Vandwelling topics that don't fit in other areas (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Wearing a mask now we are opening? (/showthread.php?tid=40167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Spaceman Spiff - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 10:31 AM)1shemp Wrote:  If you don't like wearing a mask,you are really going to hate the ventilator.

So, how many people do you know on ventilators?

Among my loose contacts (about 300 people) none of them know anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, let alone hospitalized or ventilated.  A lot of us don't wear masks.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - slow2day - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 10:50 AM)Spaceman Spiff Wrote:  Among my loose contacts (about 300 people) none of them know anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, let alone hospitalized or ventilated.  A lot of us don't wear masks.

A small sample out of 320,000,000 doesn't prove much. Good for you and your friends and I hope your luck holds.

Infection rates vary all over the map. Wearing a mask and distancing is the best way to stop the spread which is leveling off but does continue.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - flying kurbmaster - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 10:50 AM)Spaceman Spiff Wrote:  So, how many people do you know on ventilators?

Among my loose contacts (about 300 people) none of them know anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, let alone hospitalized or ventilated.  A lot of us don't wear masks.
I am very close to my parents yet I never knew they both had their gallbladders removed until I had mine done.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - B and C - 05-24-2020

Get your family health history lined up. You aren't getting any younger and if you have any offspring, they will appreciate it down the road.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - crofter - 05-24-2020

I have read that the hospitals here are full of people sick from Mexico (border is open to returning citizens who are sick). We are now a 'hot spot' not sure if it is locals getting sick or returning travellers, with 80% under 65 yo. Most people out and about are wearing masks here.
-crofter

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - WanderingRose - 05-24-2020

I know someone who has had it and recovered.

I don’t think it is an urban legend, but a real threat that we need to respect and modify our behaviors accordingly lest we get it ourselves and/or pass it on to someone we care about.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - slow2day - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 02:52 PM)WanderingRose Wrote:  ....and/or pass it on to someone we care about.

That's one of the main reason for masks. Many people are asymptomatic and can pass it on to others.

It's like texting while driving. You not only endanger yourself but you endanger others.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - GypsyJan - 05-24-2020

A co-worker's uncle has died from Covid-19. Please wear your masks.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - ImagineGoTravel - 06-06-2020

I plan to continue wearing one whenever I leave home until I feel safe. I don't know when that will be. It's too soon for me for precautions to be dropped, no matter what others are doing.

RE: Wearing a mask now we are opening? - Qxxx - 06-06-2020

+1, first reputation. Good thinking. It's not over, despite what people may seem to think. 

If you look at the "actual stats", you see the number of new cases and deaths in the US are still climbing straight up ... in almost every state except for NY,NJ,IL,LA, and MI where numbers have come down enough to make the rest of the country not look so bad. Right now, the worst states for new cases are CA,TX,AZ, and FL (#1,2,3,5) where a lot of people on this forum are located. 

This website allows you to click on every state to see how things are going there.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I've done some recent stats and the typical breakdown is .... about 80% of the cases are in people < 60 YO, but 80% of the deaths are in people > 60 ..... So, stay smart and see how things go over the next couple of months.