VanDweller Community Forums
New South Dakota resident - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Life On The Road (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Communication: Cell, Internet, Mail Delivery (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: New South Dakota resident (/showthread.php?tid=7717)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: New South Dakota resident - slow2day - 10-05-2014

Yeah, I really want to do it on the up-and-up. My premiums are pretty low since I'm over 50 and have good driver discount,etc. and I guess they wouldn't go up too much if I switch companies. I did call a SD agent suggested by YBA but didn't do an application because I'm not a resident yet. They sure require a lot of info just for a quote. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

RE: New South Dakota resident - Darth_Muerte - 10-11-2014

What agencies does the escapees club suggest?

RE: New South Dakota resident - Optimistic Paranoid - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 03:37 PM)Darth_Muerte Wrote:  What agencies does the escapees club suggest?

Hmn. Looks like they no longer list them on a webpage available to non-members. Fortunately, I made a note of them back when they did.

Foremost TravelSure Program
800-262-0170

BancorpSouth Insurance Service Inc.
800-736-5622

Poliseek Insurance
800-449-8943

These are about a year old, maybe they've changed since then.

Regards
John

RE: New South Dakota resident - Darth_Muerte - 10-12-2014

Great, thanks. I will look into them this week.

RE: New South Dakota resident - Simran - 10-30-2014

I live in SD. insurance premiums are relatively cheap here because it is a rural state. I see someone asked about vehicle and smog inspections. Notta here. The idea of a smog inspection here is laughable. I don't know if anyone has a very seen smog here. On a good day you can literally see 40 miles if your on a hill somewhere. Your guns don't even need to be in a case here; just unloaded laying on the seat.

RE: New South Dakota resident - Van-Tramp - 10-30-2014

I think SD is a 100% open-carry state. You do not have to have your [hand]gun unloaded in the car, just "clearly visible" (so laying on the seat will do as you say). Long guns may have further "hunting" regulations preventing it from being loaded in the car though, pretty standard stuff there.

RE: New South Dakota resident - JohnBoston - 11-17-2014

How long does it all take?

RE: New South Dakota resident - Van-Tramp - 11-17-2014

To become a resident? No time at all really. Just as simple as signing up to the address forwarding service, signing the necessary paperwork and mailing it too them. Done.

The vehicle registrations took a week or two (all in mail delivery time really) then the plates and titles show up a few more weeks down the road... all to the forwarding service who then mail it out to you... so it can be done while on the road.

All in all it was not much of a hassle. The most difficult part is spending an afternoon (or morning) getting all the copies, and notary stamps. Luckily, my credit union did all of that for me for no charge.

RE: New South Dakota resident - akrvbob - 11-17-2014

South Dakota let's you be a resident without getting a SD drivers license?
Bob

RE: New South Dakota resident - Van-Tramp - 11-17-2014

Yep, no SD license required. Although you can get one pretty easy (same day) from what I understand.